Call us at: 1.877.299.1683 or 604.299.1683
Fair Trade Produce
We are constantly working to increase the selection and availability of Fair Trade produce in Western Canada so that consumers have an ethical choice. By working with growers in the southern hemisphere, we can compliment the local season for many products that we cannot grow locally all year-round. Our Fair Trade product availability varies through out the year according to the growing seasons of our suppliers.
All of the following products are certified organic and Fair Trade:
- Apples - Interrupcion (Argentina)
- Avocados - Planeta Verde (Mexico) & Propalta (Peru)
- Bananas - BOS (Peru)
- Blueberries - Green Tribe (Chile) & Interrupcion (Argentina)
- Grapefruits - Planeta Verde (Mexico)
- Ginger - La Grama (Peru)
- Pineapples - Interrupcion (Costa Rica)
- Pears - Interrupcion (Argentina)
- Quinoa - COPROBICH (Ecuador)
- Sugar - La Siembra (Paraguay)
Additionally, we carry bulk products grown in Canada from Farmer Direct which is certified Fair Trade through the fairDeal certification system. Farmer Direct is a co-operative of 60 organic family owned farms on the Canadian Prairies and the first organization to be certified Domestic Fair Trade.
- Lentils - black, French green, red, & green
- Pease - yellow & green
- Flax seeds - gold
Here is also a Guide to Buying Fair Trade resource as well.